Feb 11, 2014
Beat the Winter Blues!
Don't let the weather stress you out!
Receive a free de-stress hair treatment
when you get a haircut or color service
February 11-14! Perfect for
Get your Valentine's Day Gift in seconds!
For all you last minute shoppers don't forget our new
E-Gift Certificate service.
Jan 16, 2014
Just in time for Valentine's Day!
Gifts made easy!
E-certificates now available for every occasion! Click here to purchase.
Dec 26, 2013
Hope everyone had a great Christmas- From all your friends at Salon Space!
Today Holiday Hours are 10am-5pm.
Nov 22, 2013
Detoxing your hair means starting your hair from ground zero. This time of the year is most important to detox; you have build from the summer, free radicals in the environment, and your lifestyle. You can accumulate toxins in your main organs such as the liver, lungs, and skin; they are taken into the body through consumption of low nourishment foods or from chemical substances present in the environment.
We provide in salon treatment, there are two levels, both stimulate and protect the follicles and drain toxins. These treatments are designed to remove environmental impurities, while carrying out an intense antioxidant action against free radicals. This line incorporates phytoceutical technology extracted from artichokes, they are rich in polyphenols to provide that antioxidant power. The phytoceuticals paired with the essentials oils of cardamom, coriander, and mint stimulate, antiseptic and smoothing action. Your stylist will then proceed to treat any other issues you are experiencing such as dryness, greasy or dry dandruff, hair loss/thinning, etc. We also have take home products that achieve maintenance of this amazing treatment.
Detoxifying Mud: Clay based that has absorption properties that ensures the removal of impurities from the scalp AND hair. ( professional use only)
Detoxifying Shampoo: Combines delicate surfactants with scrub particles for gentle yet deep cleansing of the scalp. May be used and repeated anytime according to your needs.
Detocifying Superactive: Exfoliates the scalp to obtain the highest benefits for the following needed treatment (example: nourishing). The active ingredient , gluconodelta-lactone, carries out a natural antioxidant action that improves the skins barrier function; working as a preventive for build-up of any kind.
Detox your hair so it can bloom into what you always wanted it to be!
Nov 18, 2013
The infamous holiday photos are always a situation were you want to look your best for every photo; we have some quick tips and tricks for them!
Tips for the perfect picture:
1. Be sure that your make-up is exaggerated and larger than life; make-up that is too soft will not show up on film. For example for lighter or more natural colors you should choose a shade deeper than your desired color or layer that color to deepen it. The volume that you desire always bump it up and use a polishing product, such as Davines N.10 Universal polishing coat, to eliminate any frizz or fly-aways.
*Make-up isn't one of your talents? We offer full applications, an eyes, checks, lips application, and false lashes!
2. For a perfected chin and jaw line extend your neck out and slightly tilt your chin down creating flattering lines; if it feels uncomfortable your doing it right!
3. Angle your arms/limbs to take off 10-20 pounds with exaggerated and lengthened poses.
Come pick the perfect gift for your loved ones this holiday with a Salon Space gift card. The gift card can be made in any denomination and used towards servies or products.
Nov 15, 2013
If your looking to spice up your color without the commitment then a glaze is the perfect option for you!
We offer two types of glazes to not only add color but shine! A demi-permanent glaze lasts 4-6 weeks without leaving you with regrowth or "roots"; this color line fades on tone to your underlying color (color before you glazed it). Another type of glaze is finest pigments which is very similar to a demi-permant glaze however they are 98% all natural and NO ammonia! Finest pigments lasts 8-10 shampoos also fading on tone. A glaze is an excellent option for those trying to keep cost and maintenance low or for those who love to constantly change their color with out damaging it.
Here are some color suggestions from Salon Space based on the color you currently have:
Blondes: Sandy Beige, Caramel, Rich Golden
Dark Brown/Black: Auburn, Chocolate, or Raspberry Chocolate
Light/Medium Browns: Buttery Blonde, Light Walnut, Rich Mahogany, or Auburn
Auburn/Natural Reds: Deeper Red, Red Violet, Violet Mahogany
Dina (below) is a summer blonde usually but decided to tone down for the upcoming seasons!
Nov 7, 2013
Introducing Davines New Curl Mousse
This is a creamy yet compact mouse with a whipped cream consistency; this product is paraben-free with no added colorings. Two important factors for curly hair is moisture and bounce. Davines curly mousse has a combination of natural moisturizing ingredients that gradually deposits water molecules to enhance performance for healthy hair and use a three dimensional resin that gives hair defined bouncy structure.
Benefits:*medium hold*gives shine*defines curls*soft elastic curls without weighing them down*
Get This Look:
1. Blow-dry the top of your head and first two to three inches of sides,
2. Then using a curling wand or regular curling iron, wrap, & hold hair low.
3. Let back of hair air dry natural curls with Davines new curl mousse.
Our favorite curly hair tips!
1. Co Wash: skip the shampoo & "wash" with your conditioner, spreading natural oil which greatly reduces frizz.
2. Re-Enforce Moisture: layer your styling products with a leave in under Davines curly mouse or your favorite curl defining product.
3. Play: gentle twirl/twist curls around your face and top of head to mold & define curls
4. Be Lazy: When using a diffuser leave curls in diffuser, less movement and touching is MORE; this prevents the curls from frizzing. Also do not fully dry hair leave room for your curls to air dry the rest of the way.
5. Winter Upgrade: If currently using a light weight or average conditioner bump up to mask/deep conditioner for this upcoming winter season
Oct 24, 2013
Happy Halloween from your Salon Space stylists!
1. Up until Thursday October 31st all Partial Extension services (50pc or less) will be 20% off and if you get a full head its 50% off. An average full head is about $810 minus your 50%= only $405 for a full head!
2. All make up services are 20% now through to October 31st.
Tricks and Treats (Halloween Hair)
1 Trick: Don't use a stain like Manic Panic or Splat to change your hair color. If you have any highlighted or generally porous hair it my stain those permanently costing hundreds of dollars in color correction services.
2. Treat: Do use a great wig, hair pieces, or extensions to give you the perfect mermaid or Cher hair. Your stylist can tell you what the best one for you is and dry cut them to flow with your hair perfectly or cut and style your wig to perfection!
3. Trick: Mix a creme eye makeup base with your powder shadows to intensify them for full effect.
4. Trick: If you are doing an extreme Halloween Make Over and doing a full face of paint make up use barrier blocker first otherwise it may stain your skin for a few days.
5. Trick: When you take off your face paint shaving cream gets all the residue off that your cleanser struggles with.
Oct 15, 2013
Salon Space will be participating at North Haven High School's Pink Week!
Our goal is to spread awareness for breast cancer every opportunity we can and tonight, at 4:30pm, we have just that; we will be bringing Pink Hair for Hope to the high school in our area. We will have a table set up in the gym lobby and be sure to check out their pink week activities as well!